Thursday, January 20, 2011

"There she is, Miss America...

...There she is, your ideal." Miss America, by Bernie Wayne.

So, on days like today, I LOVE my job. The subject I got to research was Teresa Scanlan, and for those of you who don't cultishly follow a certain segment of Americana...she was crowned, last Saturday, as the 2011 Miss America! (photo from MissAmerica.org)


She is the first ever Miss Nebraska to be crowned Miss America, and this winner of the 90th pageant anniversary is also the youngest Miss to win since the age limit (17-24) was instated, and the youngest at all since 1921.

She was peppered with difficult questions in her post-crowning interview (this is a particularly long clip, but you get to know her quite well), but I was pleased to watch her handle them not only with poise and grace, but also with intelligence and a very solid outlook. I like this Miss America.

I was so excited about how she directed the glory to God when she won (pointing upwards twice). She was homeschooled until her junior year of high school, and perhaps most exciting to me is that she is planning to attend my alma mater! I can't wait to see what she does, as she pursues her career plan of becoming a lawyer, judge or justice, and politician.

Best wishes, Miss Teresa!

2 comments:

~Holly said...

Aw, shucks, my little camper is all grown up! She is a beautiful person--congratulations Theresa! :)

wheelchairs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.