Thursday, January 13, 2011

"If I had to choose her or the sun...

...I'd be one nocturnal son-of-a-gun." Cupid's Chokehold by Gym Class Heroes.

So I realized that I am quite tardy on my New Year's Resolutions post, which I suppose does not bode well for my resolutions. :P

I have to admit, what with company and the new married life in KY and such, I didn't have much time to ponder, and on New Year's Eve I realized I didn't have any idea at all what I wanted to resolve. I've had a little time since then, as we've made our cross-country roadtrip to NM for our vacation, and then as we've gotten to be lazy bums here at my parents' house. I've gone through several back issues of Martha Stewart Living magazine, which I will never feel can be replaced by her albeit very nice website, and Country Living, Southern Living, Southern Lady, and even Better Homes and Gardens.

This has helped spark some ideas of resolutions. Nothing deep this year:

  1. I resolve to plant an herb-potted garden.
  2. I resolve to eat gorgeous, special meals using my herbs and more fruits and veggies and eggs and cheese. (Because I do love them so much, it's just not usually worth the effort to make fresh bruschetta or omelets or anything more complex than cooked vegetables or a salad--but some lovely asparagus dishes were calling my name...and spinach...and mango...and chile...)
  3. I resolve to make mores and preserve special days so that we have family traditions starting now. (I'm particularly thinking of Cinco de Mayo and Valentine's Day...)
  4. I resolve to get into a regular schedule with work, sleep, school, exercise, housework, and creating.
  5. I resolve to finish our Honeymoon scrapbook and thank you notes.
That's about it. Wish me luck!

No comments: