Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"Every word of love I used to say...

...now I paint it every day." Numa Numa (English) by Ozone.

I know I said I was done, but I lied. I found more to gush about. :) I found this post talking about The Umbrellas of Cherbourg and I found the colors absolutely intoxicating from the 1964 film. I have not seen it, mind you, and as a warning it IS french, and it is a musical. :)

And since we're talking about colors today...

I can't wait till I have a little place of my own--I'm going to make it simply POP with personality, and naturally color will play a significant part in that.
I've been collecting ideas for a while now, actually; looking up pictures of adorable colorful things--so here they are, below. And I've thrown in some pretty random stuff, just as a warning. :)
Flags of the world as pie charts--measured by amount of each color in the flag. From shahee ilyas.


ColormeKatie has once again inspired me with her decorating ideas. :)


Flikr's multicolorsearch lab makes me drool...not literally, maybe, but I can play with this for hours.

I love, love, LOVE all-things Anthropologie, as you may already know, but these quilts are too pretty. They remind me of Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. And also Pigeon Forge, TN.


Since we brought it up... :) This movie makes me so happy. It makes me feel creative and alive. And Natalie Portman is just adorable.


I pretty much love EVERYTHING Mary Engelbreit, and always have. My favorite is her "Anything is Possible" picture, but I couldn't find it to put a good picture up, so here's a cute one
she offers for desktop backgrounds on her website.

And I am SO COLD right now! I get to have coffee with a dear friend in a few minutes, and I am absoutely on the edge of my seat for our fun conversation, the end of work, and a nice, hot chai!

1 comment:

MagistraCarminum said...

Thanks for the fun chat, Em! How I will miss you when you are gone :-(