Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"He said everything worldlessly...

...the wanderlust in my eyes he did see. " Same In Any Language by I-Nine.

Well, friends--it's official. I've applied for a lease, I've started (sort of...) packing, and I've got the car all set to go. I'm moving!

In just a few weeks, right after the 60th anniversary party for my Grandparents and Fred's Baby Shower, I'm uprooting from the homeland here, and going back to the east coast to try for some more artistic career options. Don't worry, I'll keep you posted. I had some one-on-one people to tell first, and now I have gotten to the point that I don't know WHO I've forgotten to tell! So if you didn't know, I'd love to talk to you about it in person. :) Go ahead and corner me for details. I'm very excited! I'm also very nervous.

But did I mention excited?!

I don't have anything really to tell otherwise...it's been "just another day" here, though as soon as I get off work, Mumsie and I are going to run get some last minute party things for both the anniversary and the shower.

Ooh, actually, something interesting DID happen. I ate sushi for lunch! I've been vaguely craving sushi for a week or two now...but can you crave things you never eat? Apparently. It tasted JUST right. Of course, it was just nice, normal california rolls with no raw fish or anything, but still. Sushi. And I'm still savoring my Sobe. I have to say, I love the Elixer Sobe, it makes me feel like I'm actually drinking something out of Harry Potter, or maybe one of the Dealing with Dragons books.

Nothing new has popped out at me on the web today, so you're just going to have to listen to me ramble. I'm sorry. And I've had no time to come up with any new creations this week...it's been a very busy last few days, as I'm sure you can imagine. Does life ever slow down? If it does, is there any way for me to not feel guilty about what I'm not doing? It seems like those are the options...so busy I'm about to pop, or listless and useless and a vague (or intense) guilt that I "ought to be doing something." What? I have no idea. But something!!! Maybe that's what vacations are for--you have a set amount of time to do nothing, so you don't feel like you're wasting your life. I want to go to a beach and eat seafood and get a tan and just listen to the waves and watch birds and things. And read. And sleep. And eat.

Somewhere like here. (Picture off Flikr.)



But I don't think I'll be exactly vacationing any time soon. :)

Finally, a TV series lent to me on DVD by a coworker: Eureka! is absolutely adorable! I've almost finished watching the entire first season and...well, this show is obviously based on my hometown, and I am pretty sure I know some of those people!!!


LOVE it.

Isn't it ironic?

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Waiting for a new blog update. :)