Thursday, February 09, 2006

She's playing with her jewelry...

...she's putting up her hair, she's touring the facility and picking up the slack...
--Cake, Short Skirt Long Jacket

Now I have a job. Yes, that's right. I actually got a job as a secretary in an Accountant's office. It's fun, I like secretarial work. I like organizing things. Of course, I feel like I never get to do anything now, and I'm always tired, but I guess that's just part of growing up. Ironic, isn't it, how as soon as you are old enough to do things legally, you're too tired or busy to do them after all.

I cut my hair. Dear me, yes. It's quite, quite short now. I'll see about putting up a picture sometime. I like it alot. It's kind of reminiceint of Audrey Hepburn, only with my hair it's light brown instead of dark, and quite straight--Audrey Hepburn had the most darling curls. (See Roman Holiday, starring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck.)

I haven't got anything special to say today. Just noticing how good intentions die quick, painless deaths. If I wanted to choose how I die, I would say, "Like a good intention" only I would want to put it off--good intentions die almost immediately. I meant to keep up my guitar playing, but I picked it up for the first time in a good three weeks yesterday and I played for a grand total of (drumroll please) of five minutes! Ah well, 5 minutes is better than 0. And I at least have gone running at least once a week. Not very impressive (and I am definately not going to tell you how long or far I ran) but much, much better than nothing.

Just remember to keep smiling enjoy life's little ironies. :-)


No comments: