Monday, February 06, 2012

"She's playing with her jewelry...

...she's putting up her hair.." Short Skirt Long Jacket by Cake.

Hello lovelies! How was your Superbowl Sunday? Ryan and I made a day of it adventuring and visiting one of our favorite restaurants (which happens to have lovely big TVs for watching sports) and I had to figure out what to wear.

The place we were going was kind of golf-course-wealthy-D.I.N.K.-ish (which is not our norm...), so I knew I wanted to be subtle but polished. Normally I'd do the pearls and pumps with jeans look, but I knew we'd be shopping all day and I didn't want to wear heels for the whole time...and long jeans get the hems dragged out if you wear flats with them, and short jeans look dumb with heels, and I wasn't feeling the skinny jeans and...yes, you see my dilemma.

This is not going to surprise any of you, but I adore metallics - clothes, shoes, and (obviously) jewelry! I was digging through possible options when, twinkling up at me from the shoe rack, were my well-worn copper-toned flats - and suddenly it all came together. The flats, matching purse, and awesome chunky copper-toned jewelry.  Viola!


It was Perfect! I fell in love with them all over again.


Naturally I kept the rest of the outfit fairly understated.

What did ya'll do this weekend? Did you love the Superbowl commercials?

-----------------------
Shoes from Target.
Necklace and Earrings from Clovis Crafter's Mall
Cuff from Wet Seal.

No comments: