Friday, November 04, 2011

“In the leaves on the trees and the touch of the breeze...

...there’s a pleasing sense of happiness for me.” Top of the World by The Carpenters.

Me and the fam on our way to PF (my pic)
Don’t you just love seasonal traditions? Most of mine are centered around Christmas, naturally - and among my favorites is the annual pilgrimage to Pigeon Forge, TN for Christmas shopping. (Mumsie refers to PF as “the Christmas Mecca.”) 

As I write this, we’re driving through the picturesque village of Gold Bug, KY, after enjoying a quick stop at Cumberland Falls. To any other fellow leaf-peeper enthusiasts, the falls are absolutely breathtaking this time of year, though I think we did hit it a little past the peak. If you ever come out this way, also check out the natural arch or bridge about 10 miles from the falls in the Daniel Boone National Forest. It’s like one of the arches at Moab, Utah, only surrounded by a forest instead of desert. In the fall it is simply gorgeous!

So, we are on our way to Pigeon Forge. And now for the sad news...


My camera is broken. 


It doesn’t work. It turns on, focuses, takes a picture...and there is nothing. Whiteness. The memory card fills up with hundreds of pictures of blank, white, nothing. Why why why why why? And right before our cruise, too! :( I will have to take my old camera, I suppose. Which is fine. It is simply not as awesome as my formerly new camera.


So, all the following photos are by my dad.

At Cumberland Falls

Also at the Falls.

The falls, sans people.

Horsin' around. :) 
Love!

No comments: