Thursday, September 23, 2010

"It's been a long time coming...

...down this road." Long Time Coming by Oliver James from What A Girl Wants.

Hey friends! So sorry it's been FOREVER since I wrote! Life has been busy and full lately, and I've simply not had time! But I am back now, and I expect the next few weeks should be pretty regular, as far as blogging is concerned.

For those who want to know, my husband graduated Academy successfully, and we're in the process of moving to southern Kentucky, to his post! The town we'll be in looks charming, and I am so excited that Gem and her husband are going to be in the same area. Thank the Lord!

So, I will start backwards and work my way forwards.

First of all, I got to take a trip home to New Mexico, and for a special treat, my parents and grandparents and I ended up going to Roswell--you know, where the aliens are!

I got to see an old friend...
and we spent the rest of our time doing "alien spotting"!
There are UFOs everywhere.

I made some new friends...

Even the streetlights are...unearthly!
There was an entire alleyway painted like Roswell cityscape and this was the UFO that landed that day.

For those of you who wanted to know, Area 51.

Aah! I see one!

Arby's welcomes aliens.

This was the McDonald's welcome sign. :)
There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. If anyone asks you if aliens are real, you can tell them you saw photos on my blog!

Love!

2 comments:

MagistraCarminum said...

I am trusting that you only made it to the Eastern side of NM, or I would have heard about it...

After Ben and Elsa met you guys in Louisville, I was talking to Ben and asked how that went. He paused for a minute, then said, "Mom, when did Emily become drop-dead gorgeous?" I laughed, and told him it had been coming on gradually for many years :-)

Joy said...

Soooo excited that you guys are going to have a perminant place and routine soon! I wish you both the best in your next set of adventures!

This looks like an awesome trip! Nothing to remind you of home like ufo's everywhere, huh? Just remember, the truth is out there...

BTW, I've been curious... you keep coming up with these random aliases for everybody. Sooo, what is mine? (Just asking so I'm not stupidly oblivious if I see it) :-P

P.S. Mrs. F -- LOL!!!