Sunday, December 01, 2013

"From Atlantic to Pacific...

...Gee, the traffic is terrific." There's No Place Like Home For The Holidays by Perry Como

Hello lovelies!

Baby-boo and his Great-Grampa

Apologies for the extended absence! We have had a full and delightful autumn season with birthdays, anniversaries, family visits, morning sickness, job interviews (everything went well; still waiting to hear a decision!), the holidays beginning, and my sweet offspring getting two new teeth this week and on the verge of walking! He is getting to be such a big little boy, and such a clever child, if I do say so myself. I fear that he will outsmart me before too long.

I have a whole slew of posts I can't WAIT to share with you, among them my DIY advent calendar ESPECIALLY for Mamas with little ones! Naturally it's not completely done yet (um, I got the first two finished so I have two more days to complete the set, right?) and it will only take one more trip to the dollar store plus my sweet husband doing a tiny little spray paint project for me.

On a more personal note, regarding jobs, my husband has had two interviews back in my homeland, and both of them went well, and pending final tests/background checks/supervisor approval we have been told that we might move as soon as Christmas, and definitely (if accepted) by mid-January. Naturally this is thrilling news since we've been apply for jobs and pounding the pavement for over a year, now! Back on the east coast, he also has one definite job lead, with similar holdups pending, and they would be ready for us in April! There's a lot of uncertainties about all of these options, so any prayers you could spare for wisdom and the right job to work out in God's good time would be such a blessing! We would love to move as soon as possible, because the longer we wait, the bigger I get with our new baby...and the harder it will be for me to do anything with the move! (Oh yeah, I did mention that we're expecting again, right? Yup. Due in May. Woohoo!)

With all this indecision and possibilities in then next few weeks or months, it begs the question, to decorate, or not to decorate?

Those of you who know me, know that my year is divided into the usual four seasons: Christmas, post-Christmas, un-Christmas, and pre-Christmas. ;) The possibility of living a year of my life where I don't decorate never even entered my mind! At least we have to go get some mistletoe...and put up one of the little trees...and maybe a garland or two...candles...centerpieces...

And speaking of finding out NEWS, on Friday we will have an ultrasound and find out if this baby is a boy or a girl! Too exciting!!!

I hope your holidays are less in limbo than mine, and you get to slow waaaaaaay down and enjoy the season! But even if you feel as hectic about all the details as I do at present, don't miss all the joy coming your way as we celebrate the birth of the King!

No comments: