Monday, September 17, 2007

"She fills up every corner...

...like she's born in black and white." KT Tunstall, Suddenly I See.

Hmm, that looks suspiciously like I'm saying someone is fat--but I'm not.

My point in this blog is because outside it is thundering and lighninging something fierce. And it made me think of something I always think of in when I'm watching movies.

Do you ever see the heroine (or hero, of course) running up to a door, in the rain, and (let's keep with heroine for this one) her skirt whipping behind her in the wind, her hand clutching something over her head (possibly just holding down a hat or scarf) and knocking furiously on it, and you, the audience, see her in this miserable situation, yet it just is so very dramatic and perfect for the film--whether she ends up going to meet her boyfriend (or the guy who will end up being her boyfriend), go into a spooky house, get a job, lose a job, or whatever else may happen in the movie--that you wish it would happen to you?

I know I do.

Silly, isn't it?

And outside, the wind is whipping something furious, and there is thunder, and lightning, and any moment now, there'll be sheets and sheets of rain...

How ironic.

No comments: