Thursday, April 05, 2007

"It's bad when you annoy yourself...

...so irritating." Don't Let Me Get Me, Pink.

I don't want this to be one of those, "Sometimes it just seems like the worlds a nasty, yucky place to live, with everyone out to get me and all that, especially seeing as how I just get in trouble all the time even if I didn't do anything wrong, which of course I never do, and now everyone's mad at me saying I'm this or that, but I know they just don't care, they just don't understand, and what's more, they've forgotten what it feels like to be my age, and even now, they've never got anything to complain about because everything always goes right for them so it's just not fair" blogs. There are a lot of them.

How to explain a similiar, but hopefully less selfish, and annoying, (and cliched,) and immature feeling? Possibly if we take out the first, most obvious cliche. Everyone is not out to get you. Probably, they haven't even noticed you're there yet. If they have noticed, the probably haven't yet realized (not being the pchycic-manic phenominal-cosmic grouch you take them to be) that you are even having a bad day.

Next we could stop whinging and start being grateful for somethings. At least you aren't dead, at least you are noticed (by the people blaming you, of course). And of course they've forgotten "what it's like." They aren't experiencing it right now, so what do you expect? Do you remember how you felt when such-and-so happened? Of course not. Because people are usually self-centered. It's called a sin-nature. And as for everything going right for them, you hypocrit, don't be ridiculous. I doubt very much whether everything is going right for them right now, they are simply choosing to put a good face on things. An action that you might do well to emulate.

So maybe a better response would be...
If rain clouds come
or the cold winds blow
You're the one who goes before me
and in my heart I know
This good day it is a gift from You
The world is turning in its place because You made it to
I lift my voice to sing a song of praise
on this good day
This Good Day, Fernando Ortega.

No comments: