Sunday, August 13, 2006

I'm on my way...

...from misery to happiness today. (Uh huh, uh huh, uh huh, uh huh...)

I'm so thrilled! We're on our way from home (NM) to school (VA). We always do the same jaunt across country--we've even got the same restaurants we like to stop at and places to shop and snacks to eat at certain times. It's so much more fun when you get to know the areas instead of just passing by them.

Which reminds me of Cars. We were in Shamrock, TX today, and we found an old Conico that one of the buildings in Cars is based off of--Ramones joint. It's the building in the top right corner of this picture with the tall skinny tower sticking up on top. I love the heritage of Route 66, it makes me proud to be American, proud to have grown up in the west. Like the Atchison, Topeka, and the Santa Fe Railroad did (Now the Burlington North-Santa Fe line). When I get the pictures off my camera I'll load up my pictures of the actual building.

No comments: