Monday, July 24, 2006

I'm gonna sit right down and write myself a letter...


...and I'm gonna make believe it came from you.

I can think of nothing more depressing (at the moment) than not checking your email for a long period of time and finding, when you do check it...nothing. No emails. Nothing. No one missed you, no one thought of you, no one even thought it worth their time to add you to a list of people getting some random forward about friendship or cleaning or cancer. There should be an empty inbox blues song.

I just saw My Super Ex-Girlfriend. I couldn't recommend it to anyone because it really is quite dirty. I laughed though, (there is a completely awesome scene where she chucks a live shark at him, and another where a missile is heading toward NYC and instead of saving the city she has a little sulk about wanting to have a nice evening where she doesn't have to do any rescuing.)

Right before the movie I met a guy who was really, really, ridiculously good-looking. I was speechless. It reminded me that looks aren't everything--but they certainly don't hurt. Joy, I was reminded after talking to him and hearing some hard stuff he's going and has gone through, does not come from good looks. But all that aside, it's always encouaging to see a very nice specimen of God's creation.

Speaking of specimens of God's creation (nice or otherwise) have you noticed that some people just look so much better in black and white? Picturewise I mean. There are some people just made to be in color, and there are some just made to be in black and white. I think I'm made for black and white. Even blurry pictures look pretty good in black and white.


Ironic, isn't it?

No comments: