Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Don't sweat the petty things...

...and don't pet the sweaty things.

So...I am totally thrilled today. Ironies haven't started happening yet--it's just a beautiful, beautiful morning with the lightest dusting of mist and the beautiful sunshine above that. It looks like a morning that fairies would be out, making things sparkle and laughing behind trees as people walk by wondering what that trickling, happy sound is.

Well, perhaps something ironic has happened. I got an IM from an aquaintence who just heard about "the breakup" and my away message was a verse and the chorus from Goodbye Earl by the Dixie Chicks. The IM from this guys said "Hey girl, sorry to hear about you and [Insert ex-boyfriend's name here]. (away message) Oh. I see you're really missing him." Dear me, I hadn't even thought of that--my away messages are not linked at all to my life, or at least, not in any normal understandable way. But it gave me a good laugh.

More news... I have had the extremely good fortune to have gotten the part of Lady Macbeth in our school play. Talk about stoked! I was sure I wouldn't get it...

Isn't life ironic?

--Kyte

No comments: